Almanac — Joachim du Bellay d.1560; Katherine Philips b.1632; Kristijonas Donelaitis b.1714. Arthur Hugh Clough b.1819. Sándor Petőfi b.1823. Audrey Wurdemann b.1911. Nikiforos Vrettakos b.1912. Reuel Denney b.1913. Wilfred Campbell d.1918. Jean-Pierre Duprey b.1930. John Fuller b.1937. Ashfaq Hussain b.1951. Sigerson Clifford d.1985. Bingo Gazingo d.2010
- Lament for the Maker — Alvin Malpaya [Rattle] Solid forethought on which to start the new year – must be read aloud, but only after sufficiently awake to do so with attitude.
- 15 — Charles Wright [The Writer’s Almanac] “Snow nibbles away at the edges of the dark ground.” Or at times swallows entire chunks whole.
- Chateau de Chambord — Jeffrey Greene [Poetry Daily]
- Ice Plant — Rae Gouirand [Verse Daily]
- The Thread of Life — Christina Rossetti [Poets.org] Three Petrarchan sonnets threaded on theme.
- New Year’s Day — Kim Addonizio [Poetry Foundation] “Today I want / to resolve nothing.” Precisely so.
- The Tyger — William Blake [Poetry Out Loud] Some circles do go all the way around.
- Blow, Northerne Wind — [Anonymous] [Representative Poetry Online]
- Sonnet I ► — William Shakespeare [Shakespeare’s Sonnets]
- To One persuading a Lady to Marriage — Katherine Philips (b.1/1/1632) [Luminarium]
- Winter Cares (from The Seasons) — Kristijonas Donelaitis (b.1/1/1714) (translated by Nadas Rastenis)
- Say not the Struggle nought Availeth — Arthur Hugh Clough (b.1/1/1819) [Poetry Foundation]
- How One Winter Came in the Lake Region — Wilfred Campbell (d.1/1/1918) [Poet’s Corner]