Almanac — A. E. Coppard b.1878. Joan Vincent Murray d.1942. T. S. Eliot d.1965. Jeff Nuttall d.2004. Irving Layton d.2006. Gáspár Nagy d.2007. Gert Jonke d.2009.
- Dedication — Michael Meyerhofer [Rattle] And thank you for this one. (In my house, we always respond to a “thank you” with a counter “thank you.”) Yours will well fit my day.
- Tomato Pies, 25 Cents — Grace Cavalieri [American Life in Poetry]
- The Vapour Trail — James Fenton [E-Verse Radio] “Think well of me again…”
- There’s been a Death, in the Opposite House — Emily Dickinson [The Writer’s Almanac]
- Window / Candle — Laura Mullen [Poetry Daily]
- The Feather, an Optical Sorrow — Eric Beeny [Verse Daily]
- To the Empathetic Poet from the Aphasic — Lisken Van Pelt Dus [qarrtsiluni] Ah, this must not only be read aloud (as they all are), but to an audience who shall surely appreciate it!
- in the story of my eyes (2) — Cindy Savett [No Tell Motel]
- Mesongs (excerpts) — Kamau Brathwaite [Poets.org]
- The Home — Herbert Morris [Poetry Foundation] “An immense calm settled on me.”
- Houdini — Kay Ryan [Poetry Foundation] Oh, except he always did. He just never would say how.
- Sir Gawaine and the Green Knight — Yvor Winters [Poetry Out Loud]
- Eternal Time, that Wastest Without Waste — [Anonymous] [Representative Poetry Online] The word “waste” used honestly.
- Machines — Michael Donaghy [Poetry Archive]
- XXVI [The farthest thunder that I heard] — Emily Dickinson [Everyday Poems]
- ◄ Sonnet IV ► — William Shakespeare [Shakespeare’s Sonnets]
- ◄ Alison ► — [Anonymous] [The Oxford Book of English Verse]
- Pantoum On Art — Bruce Covey [Pebble Lake Review]
- Villanelle: Notes on Thoughts and Vision — Karla Kelsey [Colorado Review]
And I’ll take those last two from today’s main flow as directive for opening up my listings for those two beloved repeating forms.